Five Things I'm Grateful For
1. My son. He makes me laugh so many times throughout the day.
2. Buster actually barked yesterday to let me know he had to go outside. This is a minor miracle because usually he looks around and if he doesn't see anyone, he'll go do his business outside the laundry room door. Of course, later in the evening, he didn't bark and instead visited the laundry room door, but at least he had the idea once to do it. That means there's hope.
3. Our landlord is really understanding about the current gas and electric bill situation and isn't simply saying, "Well, that's your bill. You pay it, deal with it." If that were the case, we'd have to move. And, oh lordy, do I not want to move again any time soon.
4. Pandora. There are no students at work today because there are no classes, so I can listen to music at my desk. (Current artist: Johnny Cash. Oh yeah.)
5. The deli guy at the supermarket yesterday. I was shopping for pancetta and he came out and asked, "Can he have cheese?" looking at Nate. I said yes and he handed over four thinly sliced pieces of American cheese, on the house. I looked at Nate and informed him that this man is awesome because there is nothing better than free cheese.
Four Things I Can't Stop Thinking About
1. We got some very, very sad and shocking news last night regarding one of the hubby's family members. There's nothing really to be done but deal with the aftermath and sadness. (I don't feel it's my place to be specific here, but I just keep thinking about it.)
2. My pants. The amount that I have to cinch them now is ridiculous. I either need to lose more weight to get into the smaller size pants I have or just buy a couple of pairs of work pants next month when I have a few extra dollars. All this cinching is driving me crazy and I feel like it's beginning to look less neat than I would like to be.
3. My work schedule is all over the place for the next couple of weeks and I waste too much brain power constantly trying to remember when I'm working, when the hubby's working, and who's watching Nate when.
4. Balance. I don't remember the last time I had any time to myself with absolutely nothing needing to be done. The responsibilities of being a working parent and primary homemaker are beginning to take their toll but I don't know what to do.
Three Things I Want To Accomplish This Week
1. Once again, need to clean the bathroom and the floors. Didn't get to that this weekend.
2. Never did move the boxes and holiday stuff to my parents' house. Want to do that.
3. Breathe. Focus.
Two Things I Am Working To Be Positive About
1. Balance. In the middle of all the craziness, I'm losing the light in myself and my marriage. I need to fight through this and not give up to this craziness.
2. Money. Still a problem. Always a problem. This must be the year we end that.
One Random Thing
1. Tell your loved ones you love them.
(P.S. Did you know there's now a Bookish Penguin page on Facebook? You know you want to go over there and like it. Tell me where you want to live but know it'll probably never happen.)
So, what's going on with your five this week? Please share - I really love to see other people's lists.