4 Things That Changed At Work While I Was On Maternity Leave:
1. They have new vending machines in the student center. These include a Blue Bunny ice cream vending machine. YUM, not that I plan to utilize the machine since I am trying to lose some weight. (Yes, that's a new development; I'll have to go into it another time.) In addition, all of the machines now take debit/credit cards. For someone who plans to try and kick her Coke Zero addiction, this is a dangerous machine upgrade.
2. Two of the main programs I use for my job got complete makeovers. So not only did I have to remember my passwords, I had to learn how to navigate new systems.
3. There's a new librarian (I work in a room in the library). I like her, though, so that's simply a positive change.
4. I had to make a list on a sticky note and put it on my desk reminding me what I'm actually supposed to be doing at work because I had so totally forgotten my routine.
And 3 Things That Did Not Change
5. It's cold. I wore a dress yesterday with a short sleeve sweater over it and I was cold, even in my area, which runs warmer than the rest of the campus. Must remember this (must remember to bring tea to work, as well).
6. Students are not concerned with flushing properly. I don't know why this is, but it is. It really isn't that hard to push a handle down and make sure a flush is complete, but it seems to escape them.
7. I like the people that I work with and I especially like the tutors that work for me. I hadn't realized that I missed them while I was out until I felt happy to see them when they came in yesterday afternoon.